Adsense

Monday 1 December 2014

My Ultrasabers Lightsaber (VERY) Geeky Review!

The Geeky Bit..

Before I get started with this review, I just want to give you a little background information about me, my interests and when my obsession of Star Wars began.

Firstly my initial memory of Star Wars is actually watching the 3rd and (at the time) final part of the Saga: Star Wars Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi!! As a 7 year old I was captivated by the sci-fi effects and cute Ewoks! and WOW..that lightsaber.. you know the one.. The blonde kid all in black donned an amazing silver and orange hilt and once ignited it screamed and hissed to life with a rich green blade of light! I remember listening to that hum and wanting..no NEEDING to have one!

I was hooked.. in just a few months I went back and retraced Luke and Leia Skywalker, and Han Solo's adventures! We had a 'Video Van Man' which stopped down our road from time to time and I made sure we rented the other two Episodes (4 & 5) and I loved them just as much as ROTJ! I even made sure to rent the two new Ewok films, which albeit a little kiddy, were still Star Wars and still amazing!

I then collected the toys; figures and vehicles, even picked up a few of the lightsabers from Hasbro. None of them however had the power and finesse needed to get my goosebumps have goosebumps, like Luke's saber from Return of the Jedi.. UNTIL NOW!

All the way from the US... I give you..

THE ULTRASABERS AEON V3! (The Geeky Review!)


What is it?

Gorgeous is what it is! It's a lightsaber and this photo does it no justice! These hilts are built to perfection and are so bright when the light reflects off the hilt. The above is the stock photo from the Ultrasabers website, of which there are MANY styles of hilts to choose from. 

There are a number of different options and accessories you can get including;
  • Different thickness of blades, with the view that you may "Spar" with them. 

  • Different colour blades, including more than just the standard blue, green, red, and purple we are accustom to in the Star Wars Universe - if you get a white one you can pay a little extra for coloured discs and have the whole range!

  • If you decide to have sound included, because of the ingenious sound card you can connect to your PC and actually choose from a number of different effects and also add your own! 

Some of the accessories include:
  • A belt clip
  • A blade plug (so when you remove the blade, the hilt looks amazing on it's own)
  • Coloured discs (My favorite is a yellowy orange blade, see below)
Do check the website for other great options, parts and accessories! 


What I thought

Well, I could probably go on for about an hour about how much I love my Aeon V3. I've bought a few lightsaber "toys" in the past and after purchasing this, it kind of renders those "toys" (because that's all they really are) useless.. now I have the closest I'll ever get to having a REAL lightsaber..OK, so I'm still just a geeky fanboy, but this item is now my most treasured Star Wars collectable! 

The design is so super sleek and as I said above it's been machined so smoothly and is incredibly comfy in the hand, one or two handed.

The sounds of the saber are amazing too, as I said above you have the ability to edit the sounds so they fit you or your Star Wars character, there is also a way of adding any type of sound on there, but I've only had this for a few days so not very savvy yet. The saber has the following sounds which can be edited:

  • Power up
  • Power down
  • Idle hum
  • Swing (this is the famous VVVVVVMMM! sound!)
  • Clash (for when you hit something or jolt the saber to simulate a hit)
  • Lock up (this is the sizzle sound they make when against another saber, I've edited mine to make sounds of a training remote!)

All of the above are awesome and fun to play about with, additionally you can adjust the volume which, when inside the house may be a good idea as the saber sounds are soo (fantastically) loud!




The Verdict

A fantastic choice of sabers, blades and accessories, for a pretty good price, it's only really the shipping costs which bump it up. Mine cost £149 including postage (Which only took 6 DAYS! INCLUDING a weekend!), which included:

The hilt
Silver led which coloured discs
A 'midgrade' blade
A blade plug

Seriously, if you can pay the cost it's worth every penny! Ultrasabers has great customer service and there's also a great forum with lots of people willing to lend a hand with choices or technical help!

Go NOW! And May the Force be with you!! 

You can also check out the new Star Wars movie Trailer HERE! STARWARS - THE FORCE AWAKENS!!  IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!

An update!, Here's my son with my saber!

2 comments:

  1. Light sabers Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written article. Really enjoyed readying about it.I personally got mine from here star wars lightsaber

    ReplyDelete